Earlier today, NVIDIA released its first WHQL certified drivers from the 300 series. The drivers originally debuted with the GeForce 600 (Kepler) series, but were not available in WHQL form.
The GeForce 301.42 drivers bring features which were left from the initial Kepler drivers, such as Bezel Peeking, Adaptive Vsync and Frame Rate Target. NVIDIA sent a list of performance improvements, and they touch not just the GeForce GTX 600 series, but bring a series of performance increases to Fermi as well.
? Performance Boost – Increases performance for GeForce 400 Series and 500 Series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 296.10 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
GeForce GTX 570/580:
- Up to 23% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
- Up to 21% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 17% in StarCraft II with SLI
- Up to 14% in Far Cry 2 with SLI
- Up to 9% in Bulletstorm
- Up to 7% in Civilization V
- Up to 6% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI
- Up to 6% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
- Up to 5% in Metro 2033 with SLI
- Up to 5% in Total War: Shogun 2
GeForce GTX 560/560 Ti:
- Up to 20% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Up to 15% in Just Cause 2 with SLI
- Up to 13% in Far Cry 2 with SLI
- Up to 12% in Bulletstorm
- Up to 11% in Civilization V
- Up to 10% in StarCraft II with SLI
- Up to 9% in Batman: Arkham City
- Up to 4% in Deus Ex: Human Revolution with SLI
- Up to 4% in Dragon Age 2 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Metro 2033 with SLI
- Up to 4% in Total War: Shogun 2
? NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. FXAA is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs. Note: This feature is disabled for games that already have built-in support for FXAA.
? NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Adaptive VSync is supported on all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
? NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI.
? NVIDIA Surround Technology – Adds the following new Surround capabilities.
- Add in a fourth accessory display with GeForce GTX 600-series to get access to your email, web, or other applications while you game.
- Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode (enabled by default).
- Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display (enabled by default).
- Enable bezel peeking – a feature which enables users to temporarily peek behind the monitor bezels using a hotkey (Ctrl + Alt + B). This feature is designed to be used in conjunction with bezel corrected resolutions.
- Add or remove resolutions from the list of Surround resolutions (only those selected will be available to applications).
- Full center display acceleration for single wide display modes (center display must be connected to the master GPU).
? NVIDIA SLI Technology – Adds or updates the following SLI profiles:
- Alan Wake
- Call of Juarez: The Cartel
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – The Missing Link
- Left 4 Dead
- Orcs Must Die!
- Portal 2
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Risen 2: Dark Waters
- The Darkness II
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Crusader Kings II
- Max Payne 3
- Sniper Elite V2
- Street Fighter X Tekken
? NVIDIA 3D Vision – Adds or updates the following 3D Vision profiles:
- All Zombies Must Die! ? rated Fair
- Ghosts ‘n Go
blins Online ? rated Good
- Oil Rush ? rated 3D Vision Ready
- Postal III ? rated Good
- Rayman Origins ? rated Good
- SevenCore ? rated Fair
- Stacking ? rated Good
- Unigine Heaven Benchmark v3.0 ? rated 3D Vision Ready
- Wargame: European Escalation ? rated Good
- Warp ? rated Good
- Wings of Prey ? rated Fair
- Krater ? rated Poor
- Adam’s Venture Episode 1- rated Poor
- Blacklight: Retribution ? rated Poor
- The Darkness II ? updated in-game recommended settings
- Depth Hunter ? updated profile
- Dirt: Showdown ? rated Good
- Passion Leads Army Benchmark ? rated 3D Vision Ready
- Resident Evil: Operating Raccoon City ? Rated Fair
- rFactor 2 ? changed rating to 3D Vision Ready
- Trackmania 2: Canyon ? rated Fair
- Unigine 3.0 Heaven Benchmark ? updated profile
- World of Tanks ? changed rating to Excellent.